"But if I say, 'I will not mention his word or speak anymore in his name,' his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot." - Jeremiah 20:9

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Grey: What's Next?

Thank you to everyone who has been lifting me up in prayer the past few months! I have decided to be done serving in Haiti for the time being, and just want to highlight a few reasons why I have chosen this direction.

Living in Haiti and serving alongside Many Hands for Haiti has been an incredible journey. I have made so many friends that I will cherish in my heart for years to come. I have learned so much being here and I embrace everything I have learned from the Lord, my fellow Haitian staff, and my co-worker Heather. I have learned a lot about trust, faithfulness, love, and sacrifice. I am blessed to have been a part of the work being done here and I find that it has grown me so much into a stronger young woman. 

I believe the Lord is calling me elsewhere, although where exactly, I am not yet certain. I have been praying about open doors and people to be placed in my path when the timing is right in moving forward with other ministry options. God has been showing me what it looks like to trust Him and the plan that He has – even when I cannot see that far ahead. Sometimes things are black and sometimes they’re white. But this next step for me: it’s grey. I don’t know what will be next, but what I do know is that I serve a God of color, beauty, and vibrancy and I choose to trust that He knows what’s next.

These past few months the Lord has been tugging on my heart, speaking tenderly to me like He does so well. I felt like my hands were open but He was not dropping anything into them. The wise Father comforted me by revealing a few profound questions. Can I accept Him anyway? Even with these empty hands? Can He be enough in this moment? It comforts me to know that my God sees so many more steps ahead of what I see. Right now, I believe He is calling me to obedience, like He did when He called me to Haiti. I did not know what would be ahead of me; I just knew that I was to be there. I knew that I was called to not only go, but to trust Him and act faithfully. That is what I am trying to do now.   

My love for Haiti is still strong and I love the work being done here. I am awaiting the Lord on what ministry outside of Haiti looks like and I am very eager in pursuing His further plans for me and for the expanding of His Kingdom, whether in formal ministry or otherwise.

I am so grateful that you have been following me and experiencing things with me on this incredible journey. Bondye bon (God is good) J

Trusting Him,

Cassidy

No comments:

Post a Comment