"But if I say, 'I will not mention his word or speak anymore in his name,' his word is in my heart like a fire, a fire shut up in my bones. I am weary of holding it in; indeed, I cannot." - Jeremiah 20:9

Monday, November 11, 2013

Fall Afresh on Me

Last week Thursday a team from Pella led by Tim Van Maanen joined us in Pignon. It has really been a refreshing time with them. I have been so blessed by their presence here and have been soaking up their words of encouragement and affirmation.

Heather and I joined the team for lunch the afternoon they arrived and we participated in bubbly and excited chatter. It was fun to hear that this was the first trip to Haiti for four of them. It has been fun hearing about their first impressions and seeing how the Lord is choosing to use them on this trip to serve His people.

 It has been eye-opening to see that they have already been used in a very huge and very real way. I never really thought that their coming would be such a blessing for me—how simple questions like: “What have been your highs and lows of your past few months here?”  could make me feel incredibly cared for and considered. I am being gradually poured into more and more in interacting and conversing with this team and I thank Jesus for bringing them at His perfect time.

So they may or may not physically do something that changes hundreds of lives in Haiti while being here for one week…but I can testify that them coming with their questions of concern and regard for my spiritual and physical well-being here has been tremendously eye-opening and has truly been a beautiful blessing to me. They said “yes” to the call of a week-long mission trip to Haiti and stepped out in faithful obedience to the Father. Their servant-hearted submission to His call will speak wonders to the Haitian people and it definitely has been speaking to me as well.  

We are called to choose love and be Love. God has given me an incredible opportunity to love the people of Haiti and be of service to Him and His people here. I am thankful for His Word which is my daily bread, His love for me and regard for my situation, and the beautiful reality that I, too, can be blessed by people from my hometown and their desire to serve.

My eyes have been opened to how much they already have answered the call of the Lord and how many prayers have been answered as a direct result of their obedience.

"Whoever refreshes others will be refreshed." Proverbs 11:25

Spirit of the Living God, fall afresh on me. Melt me. Mold me. Fill me. Use me.

Praise be to God!

3 comments:

  1. Amen! So thankful for them, too! <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are called to choose love and be Love.

    Thanks, Cassidy, for your "'fresh" way of seeing our call.

    First we are melted and molded, and then we can be filled and used. Yes! Vessels of love, poured out for those who need it most. That's how I see my teaching, too.

    Thank you for loving the people of Haiti on our behalf!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise God! So glad my husband and the rest of the team(Arlan, Liz, Henry, and Marcie could be a blessing to you and Heather!!! Can't wait to see you in a few days! Much Love!

    ReplyDelete